Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Miami
Breast Fat Transfer by Dr. Tachmes
FAT GRAFTING TO THE BREAST consists of two procedures performed on the same day: first harvesting the fat and then placement into the breasts. To begin, a substantial amount of fat is removed using traditional tumescent liposuction methods. Then, the harvested fat is injected meticulously through a tiny 1/8 inch incisions using blunt infiltration cannulas. Some patients return six months later for a second fat transfer procedure under local anesthesia to further improve the aesthetic results of their procedure.
FAT TRANSFER TO THE BREAST has several advantages over implant augmentation procedures:
- Fat is completely natural substance that comes from your own body
- Harvesting of the fat can be used to enhance your shape
- The breast can be sculpted and shaped
- There are minimal incisions with this procedure, which reduces the possibility of scarring
- Fat grafting to the breasts can be used to disguise breast implants that do not look natural
Dr. Tachmes’ main concern with injecting fat into the breast has been to avoid any problems with breast cancer detection. As with any breast procedure, calcifications and lumps can occur. Breast studies including physical examination and mammograms, should be used to monitor every patient diligently. However, there is no evidence that FAT TRANSFER TO THE BREAST is less safe than any breast surgery. Large studies have begun over the last few years to study fat grafting to the breast.
Surgeons with extensive experience in grafting large volumes of fat to the body are most likely to obtain the best results. Dr. Tachmes warns that fat grafting to the breast should only be performed by a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in not only fat grafting, but also the anatomy and aesthetics of breast augmentation.
WHO IS A CANDIDATE FOR BREAST AUGMENTATION WITH FAT TRANSFER:
- Any woman who is healthy
- A woman who has enough body fat to have the procedure done
- A woman who is considering saline or silicone implants
- Has normal mammography